Regulatory Frameworks

Gas Transmission owns, manages, and operates the national transmission system in Great Britain, making gas available when and where it's needed. We ensure that our network is safe, reliable and available, and that it delivers value for our consumers and stakeholders, while minimising impact on the environment.

In March 2022, National Grid confirmed it has entered into an agreement for a consortium led by Macquarie together with the British Columbia Investment Management Corporation to acquire a 60% equity stake in GT&M. The consortium also has an option to acquire the remaining 40% stake in 2023.

Discussing: Evolving the regulatory framework to ensure the least cost and secure net zero transition

Playback document front cover


Thank you for your feedback.

The topic of ‘evolving the regulatory framework to ensure the least cost and secure net zero transition’ has stimulated a lot of great thoughts.

This playback is what we have heard and presents an overview of headline themes from a range of stakeholders and consumers and actions we are focused on. This document illustrates the size of the challenge facing the sector and the business planning needed - it is one we are determined to meet.

"Playback" document

Carol Hook

Have your say

Earlier this summer, we published our thoughts around 8 key areas that need to be considered ahead of the forthcoming regulatory framework - we invited your feedback on these (link below).

In support of this, we also held an industry-wide webinar (with 62 attendees including regulators, direct industry, supply chain and networks from around the world), and this was followed by 1:2:1 conversations where requested.

In addition, we have conducted consumer research on what matters most to the public including what is top-of-their-minds about the industry.

Carole Hook (Head of Future Frameworks)

"Have your say" document

Continue engagement with us on this topic

This is just the start of an important conversation. As we progress into planning for the next regulatory period, we want to continue dialogue with you to understand how the right regulatory framework can help deliver great business plans across the whole energy industry.

Please feel free to get in touch if you would like to discuss anything within this playback [email protected]

[email protected]