Choices about cookies
This website may involve use of a mechanism called “cookies”. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive, if your browser settings permit it.
If you choose to reject all cookies using your browser settings, you will not be able to use National Gas products, services and/or websites that require you to "sign in" and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings. However, many National Gas Transmission online services do not require that you accept cookies.
When you use this website, cookies are set and accessed by or on behalf of National Gas Transmission for a number of purposes, including to:
- access your information when you "sign in" to a National Gas Transmission website so that we can provide you with customised content;
- identify you as a registered user of this website so that you are able to use the site for its intended purpose(s) without having to re-enter your information each time you do so;
- keep track of preferences you specify while you are using National Gas Transmission's services;
- estimate and report our total audience size and traffic;
- conduct research to improve National Gas Transmission's content and services; and/or
- require you to re-enter your National Gas Transmission password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
Google Analytics Cookies
In addition, National Gas Transmission uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use National Gas Transmission websites. This analytical tool uses a cookie set by Google to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the Google analytics cookie about your use of any website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google, and used to evaluate and compile statistical reports about this use for National Gas Transmission.
National Gas Transmission will not (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or collect any personally identifiable information about users of our sites, and will not associate any data gathered by means of the Google statistical tool with any personally identifying information. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither National Gas Transmission nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user.