Terms and conditions
This website (the 'Website') is the website of National Gas Transmission.
Please read these terms and conditions of use of the Website ('the Terms') carefully as by using the Website and/or Services you agree to be bound by them. We reserve the right to vary the conditions of use at any time and will post any variations here. You are advised to review the conditions of use on a regular basis as you will be deemed to have accepted variations if you continue to use the Website and/or the Services after they have been posted. If you do not agree to abide by these Terms you should not use the Website or the Services in any way. For clarity, in these terms 'you' and 'your' means any natural or legal person who uses the Website or the Services and each entity on whose behalf the user acts.
Using the website
You agree not to:
- Impersonate another person or use a false name or a name you are unauthorised to use or create a false identity or e-mail address or try to mislead us or others as to the identity or origin of any communications or to provide inaccurate or unreliable contact details.
- Modify, access or make available data stored on a computer or device which you have accessed through our network, when either: the owner of the data, computer or device has taken steps to prevent you from doing this; or the owner has expressed a wish that you do not do this.
- Make available or upload files that contain software or other material, data or information not owned by or licensed to you or collect information about others (e.g. names/addresses) without their prior consent.
- Damage, interfere with or disrupt access to the Website or Services or do anything which may interrupt or impair their functionality.
- Use the Website or Services in any way to send unsolicited (commercial or otherwise) e-mail ('Spam') or any material for marketing or publicity purposes, or any similar abuse of either.
- Save as authorised in these Terms or as agreed in writing between you and us, resell any part or aspect of the Website or Services.
- Publish, post, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit, defamatory, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent or other unlawful or objectionable material or information.
- Threaten, harass, stalk, abuse, disrupt, or otherwise violate the rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Make available, upload or distribute by any means any material or files that contain any viruses, bugs, corrupt data, 'Trojan horses', 'worms' or any other harmful software.
- Falsify the true ownership of software or other material or information contained in a file made available via the Website or our Services.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access, through whatever means, to the Website or the Services, other services or computer systems or areas of our, or any of our partners', networks which are identified as restricted.
- Disclose any security details, such as logins or passwords, to any third parties and to keep such information secure.
National Gas Transmission takes every care and precaution to ensure that information published on the Website or through the Services is accurate when posted and regularly updated, but we cannot be held liable for its accuracy or timeliness and we may change the information at any time without notice. You must not rely on information on the Website or accessed through the Services and you acknowledge that you must take appropriate steps to verify this information before acting upon it. No warranty or representation is made in respect of the timeliness or accuracy of any information sent to you by the updating service. We reserve the right to remove any information or material on the Website or accessible through the Services without warning, and without prejudice to any other accrued rights, and/or to make available such information or material when required to do so by law or when requested to by regulatory bodies or law enforcement organisations. You will remain responsible and liable for material you upload onto, or access from, the Website and/or Services, and you will indemnify National Gas Transmission, in the manner set out below in these Terms in relation to your accessing or uploading.
NATIONAL GAS TRANSMISSION PUBLISH THE WEBSITE AND PROVIDE THE SERVICES 'AS IS' WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES REFERRED TO ON THE WEBSITE OR THROUGH THE SERVICES AND NATIONAL GRID SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, EXCEPT FOR DEATH AND PERSONAL INJURY ARISING FROM OUR NEGLIGENCE OR MISREPRESENTATION, FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGE, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSS OF PROFITS), CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR OTHERWISE INCIDENTAL THAT MAY RESULT FROM USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES HOWSOEVER ARISING.
We do not charge you a separate fee for access to and use of the Website or the Services. On this basis you agree that these Terms, and in particular the limits on National Gas Transmission's liability and obligations, are fair and reasonable. In the event that National Gas Transmission is found liable under these Terms, its total aggregate liability will be limited to [amount].
Any reference to any product or service (including the Services) which has been or may be provided by National Gas Transmission or any other company does not amount to a promise that such product or service will be available at any time. Changes to or improvements in such products or services may be made at any time without notice.
We make no warranty whatsoever as to any goods or services purchased or obtained or offered to you by third parties through the Website and/or Services. Your dealings with any third parties, in particular advertisers and/or merchants, through the Website and/or Services, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations with such third parties, are solely between you and such third party.
The information contained in this Website or accessible through the Services is not intended to supplement the information provided to customers for the purposes of determining amounts payable to National Gas Transmission, or due by National Gas Transmission to Suppliers. The format, content and frequency of the information is such that it has been developed for information purposes only and not for financial analysis purposes or the audit of amounts payable to or by National Gas Transmission.
You agree to indemnify and hold National Gas Transmission and any of their respective officers, employees and agents harmless from and against all and any expenses, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses of any character incurred or suffered and any claims or legal proceedings which are brought or threatened, in each case arising from your use of, or conduct on, the Website and/or Services and/or any breach of these Terms.
Other websites and links
For your interest and/or amusement, from time to time we will make available to you hypertext links from the Websites and/or the Services to third party sites both within and outside the UK and European Union. However, these sites are not in any way approved, checked, edited, vetted or recommended by National Gas Transmission and you agree that National Gas Transmission shall not be liable in any way for the content of such sites or for any dealings that you may have, or the consequences of such dealings, with such third party site operators. In particular you agree that any dealings you have with such third party site operators shall be on the terms and conditions (if any) of the third party operator (or as otherwise agreed by you and the third party operator).
If any provision of these Terms, or any part of a provision of these Terms, is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable the remaining provisions, or the remainder of the provision concerned, shall continue in effect. A failure or delay by National Gas Transmission in enforcing compliance with any provision of these Terms shall not be a waiver of that or any other provision of these Terms. None of these Terms shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any third party. You may not assign any of your rights or obligations under these Terms. The headings used in these Terms are for convenience only and shall not affect interpretation. In these Terms, unless specified to the contrary, use of the singular is deemed to include the plural, use of any gender is deemed to include every gender and any reference to a person is deemed to include a corporation, a partnership and any other body or entity; and (in each case) vice versa.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement and understanding between National Gas Transmission and you and shall supersede any prior agreement or representation in respect of your use of the website and the services.
Any and all notices to be given by either one of us to the other pursuant to or in connection with these Terms shall be deemed sufficiently given when forwarded by e-mail or facsimile transmission in each case addressed to you at the e-mail address or facsimile number you have given us or to us at the e-mail address or facsimile number displayed on the Website.
These conditions of use are governed by the laws of England and Wales and you agree that the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute.
Supplemental Terms and Conditions
Competitive connections quotations
Where you have requested us to pass your information to other companies to enable you to obtain quotes from them then the following additional terms apply. By pressing the [submit] button at the bottom of the Competitive Quotation Form you agree to these terms:
- You confirm that the information you supply is accurate.
- National Gas Transmission agrees to use reasonable efforts to pass this information to these Utility Infrastructure Providers on your behalf.
- These Utility Infrastructure Providers are completely independent from National Gas Transmission and we do not obtain any commission for passing your information to them. National Gas Transmission is therefore not responsible for the processing of your information by these Utility Infrastructure Providers. Nor is National Gas Transmission responsible for any quotes, statements, information, goods or services provided or agreed to be provided by these Utility Infrastructure Providers for or any failure or delay by them in providing them.
- Any quote or offer made by these Utility Infrastructure Providers will be made on the terms and conditions of that Utility Infrastructure Provider. Any contract created as a result of this will be between you and the Utility Infrastructure Provider concerned and National Grid will not have any obligations or responsibility to you under that contract.
- Because the contract for the product is between you and the Utility Infrastructure Provider any queries relating to contract or the goods or services they provide should be addressed to them.
National Gas Transmission is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with all applicable data protection laws.
National Gas Transmission will use the information you provide to assist in the consideration and planning of new or modified connections to the national transmission network.
Your information may be disclosed to or shared for the above purpose with the following:
- Third party service providers, contractors, or advisors who provide services to us; and
- The Planning Inspectorate and any relevant Local Planning Authority (LPA).
Responses to the associated consultation process may be included in published reports. For responses made by individuals the response will be displayed but the respondent's name will not. For responses made on behalf of an organisation, the organisation name will be displayed together with the response.